Monday, December 23, 2013
Random December Memories...
1. Recently, a new Ethiopian restaurant opened near us, and the twins were so excited to visit!
I wish you all a wonderful Christmas filled with God's love, joy, and peace!
They were thrilled to eat real injera again!
The meal included a traditional coffee ceremony.
I bought this Amharic burlap print, which reads, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15." It now hangs above my coffee bar.
2. Malia was chosen as Student of the Month, so her daddy got to go to school to eat lunch with her.
3. We spent an evening making Christmas cut-out cookies with the kids. We even made some Africa cookies!
4. My husband is an ambitious soul. Every year, he tries to make a special meal for the kids over Christmas break. So tonight, he took orders; each person could pick anything they wanted to eat, and he would cook it for them. After a trip to the grocery store, he got to work. The appetizers included mozzarella cheese sticks, Jalapeno poppers, crab cakes, and guacamole with chips. The entrees included bacon cheeseburgers, French fries, honey-lime salmon, macaroni and cheese, and burrito bowls. Dessert was chocolate creme cake. It was a lot of work (and a lot of food!), but he had fun doing it! Love my man!
5. And last but not least, I had to include some pics of my boys in their stinkin' cute ties!