As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Monday, December 23, 2013

Random December Memories...

1. Recently, a new Ethiopian restaurant opened near us, and the twins were so excited to visit! 

They were thrilled to eat real injera again!

 The meal included a traditional coffee ceremony. 

I bought this Amharic burlap print, which reads, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15." It now hangs above my coffee bar.

2. Malia was chosen as Student of the Month, so her daddy got to go to school to eat lunch with her.

3. We spent an evening making Christmas cut-out cookies with the kids. We even made some Africa cookies!

 



4. My husband is an ambitious soul. Every year, he tries to make a special meal for the kids over Christmas break. So tonight, he took orders; each person could pick anything they wanted to eat, and he would cook it for them. After a trip to the grocery store, he got to work. The appetizers included mozzarella cheese sticks, Jalapeno poppers, crab cakes, and guacamole with chips. The entrees included bacon cheeseburgers, French fries, honey-lime salmon, macaroni and cheese, and burrito bowls. Dessert was chocolate creme cake. It was a lot of work (and a lot of food!), but he had fun doing it! Love my man! 

5. And last but not least, I had to include some pics of my boys in their stinkin' cute ties!



 I wish you all a wonderful Christmas filled with God's love, joy, and peace!

1 comment:

  1. oh my, those ties are darling! They all look like such little men!

    And what a fun idea about supper! That all sounded yummy...not I'm hungry!

    Did you get that Amharic print last time you were in ET ? I love it!

    ReplyDelete