As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Monday, May 7, 2018

SO Busy!

 We have had so much going on lately...lots and lots of projects, including redoing our kitchen. We needed new flooring, and I got the bright idea to paint our kitchen cabinets while we were at it. It has been a long and tiring process, but I'm loving the results so far! We still need to install new countertops and lights, build our cabinets up to the ceiling, and do some more tile work, but it is coming along!
Excuse the mess...we're under construction. :)

I cleaned, deglossed, and sanded the cabinet doors and drawers after removing hinges and knobs and labeling everything very carefully.

I added wood filler to the doors to help minimize the oak grain.



Then came priming, painting, and waiting.


We also pulled out old flooring and installed new in the kitchen, dining room, and front hall.



We still have work to do, but I'll show an "after" picture when we are finished.

One day, I found Mr. Q hiding in the washer, of all places. Silly boy!

It was a LONG winter, with lots of snow and cold temps in April, but we have enjoyed some spring-like weather recently.










Flowers from my honey, "just because."

Doesn't look like a great place to sleep...

Some of Malia's recent projects:



She also joined Lexie at an American Girl tea party.

Shana and I will be heading to Disney next week! She finished her college semester last week, and she'll finally get to have her Christmas present!

Chris and I celebrated our 18th anniversary a week ago. He surprised me by taking the day off work, booking an overnight stay in Fort Wayne, and making me an appointment for a 2 hour-long massage and facial! We enjoyed sushi, shopping, visiting some boutiques downtown, dessert at DeBrand's, and meeting our new nephew Eli in the hospital.










No comments:

Post a Comment