As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Oh, To Have The Responsibilities Of A 4-Year-Old.....

The other day, Malia told me, "I have SO much work to do! I have to play babies, draw, brush my teeth, and drink my coffee. I have ALL THAT to do, and you don't have very much to do." OK, dear girl, let's just compare lists from the day, shall we? (Yes, I'm a chronic list-keeper).

Here's what was on Malia's list:
- play babies
- draw
- brush teeth
- drink coffee

Here's what was on my list for the day:
- throw dinner in the Crock-pot
- vacuum
- mop
- laundry
- dust upstairs
- clean the bathrooms
- wash the windows
- type up the notes from Chris's family reunion (of which he was President this year)
- help my brother-in-law hang wallpaper at his place
- help kids with homework
(among various other things)

Whose list would you rather have?

For those of you who don't know Malia, she's very sweet and LOVES to tell stories, sing and talk. Oh yeah, and she loves to talk. And talk. And did I mention that she loves to talk? On that same day, on our walk, she rattled on and on for the entire mile. Then she decided she wanted to play 'Would You Rather', and asked me questions such as, "Would you rather jump out of a window or ride a carousel?" and "Would you rather say goodbye to people that came to your house or go to Colorado?" and "Would you rather walk in the grass or play with the dog?" and "Would you rather eat stones or eat the shed roof?" And on, and on, and on.

She also apparently told her Sunday School class recently that I was bitten by a poisonous snake and had to spend 3 days in the hospital. She informed them, very expressively of course, that I ALMOST DIED. I didn't know anything about my precarious situation, but obviously the other kids in her class believed her. One little boy went home and told his mommy that "Malia's mommy was bitten by a snake and almost died!" I have heard before that 3 and 4-year-olds tend to live in somewhat of a fantasy/imaginary world, but maybe Miss Mimi sometimes takes it a bit too far? Hmmmm....what do you think?

1 comment: