As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Monday, January 3, 2011

Goodbye, 2010!

We had a wonderful and busy week-and-a-half of fun over the holidays. Here is a random run-through of a few photos from our Christmas Break 2010:

On Christmas morning, each of the kids received a Go. Seek. Love. t-shirt. (The proceeds from each t-shirt purchased benefit a family adopting from Africa.) 


 My parents had a birthday party for my brother Doug, Chris and I. We all have December birthdays.


  And boy, did we ever light up the night with that cake! 34 candles! (Chris and I turned 34, Doug turned 32.)


 Lots of family time....


 and lots of games......


 Malia got the game of Twister, and the kids had a ball. Ok, so did Chris and I, although we found out that we're definitely not as young as we used to be! Poor Chris now has a pulled muscle in his back!


 Adrian received a Saints jersey, and Ashton got a Colts one. Now we have a little Drew Brees and a little Peyton Manning running around!


 A snowflake cheesecake that I made (and it turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself!)


 Me and my girls.....


 Lots of time with cousins.....


 Gifts....


and more gifts.....


 Shana with cousin Zavier


 Ashton in the Colts uniform he received and Malia in some of the dress-up clothes she got. We decided that they were the football captain and the homecoming queen.....


 This was one of my very favorite gifts of all. My sister purchased a goat in Chris's name for a poor Ethiopian family. Goats provide a source of food and dairy products, and are a valuable source of income for poor families. Then, wealthier Ethiopians donate a second goat for each one purchased. So, our gift of a goat to a poor family instantly doubled! How cool is that? I love gifts that give back.


 And one more cute shot of Malia and her new baby doll wearing matching aprons. (The aprons were handmade by Haitian women who sew to provide a living for their families.)

Hope you all enjoyed your holidays as well! And wishing you all a very happy and successful 2011 filled with all the things you love most!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great Christmas....and a Happy New Year :) Being from Louisiana- I like the Saints jersey....except I don't watch football. Please don't tell anyone around here- I would definitely be kicked out of the state!!!

    ReplyDelete