As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Friday, October 26, 2012

A Little Piece of History.....

Let me preface this by saying that I don't get caught up in politics. Each election, I vote for the candidate that I think is best-suited for the job, but I keep my opinions to myself, remembering that this world is not my home. My citizenship here in America is temporary; my citizenship in Heaven will be for eternity. So that is where I try to put my focus. That being said, last night we had the opportunity to attend a Romney/Ryan rally here in the election-important state of Ohio, so we decided to experience a little piece of history for ourselves. I am documenting it here simply because I have started publishing this blog into scrapbooks for my family to enjoy later.

Chris, Adrian and I headed to a nearby town for the rally. It was a beautiful evening for the event, and it was estimated that around 20,000 people were there. We stood fairly close to the podium, so I was able to get a few decent pictures.

Massachusetts Governor and Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney:





Ohio Governor John Kasich:







Romney with some of the singers, including Randy Owen of the group Alabama:


U.S. Senator Rob Portman, who plays the part of Obama in all of Romney's practice debates:


And that was our little slice of the presidential campaign trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment