As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Update on Tom!


A few days ago, I posted that my Ethiopian friend, Tom, needed life-saving surgery. In 8 days, over $25,000 has been raised for him!!! Praise God! It has been so awesome to watch people step up and donate to this very deserving man...Tom is the epitome of a servant and is a special father to the many children who come through the gates of Hannah's Hope, our adoption agency's orphan transition home in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The other day, Tom said, “I never knew people love me that much. I am glad I did not die when I bleed the 1st time, now even if I don’t make it; I have seen great things---God’s amazing love and people over me. I did not know you love me that much and do all that for me.” He is loved indeed.

Hopefully, Tom will travel to Bangkok this weekend for his surgery. Please pray that his friend and travel partner's passport arrives today and that they have a safe trip. Also, pray for Tom's peace of mind and for the doctors as they work on him. May God grant healing if it is His will, and may His name be glorified! I'm really hoping to see Tom again in May when we travel to Ethiopia...I'd love to be able to give him a great big hug and rejoice with him at God's goodness. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment