As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Friday, December 11, 2020

Catching Up...

 We spent Thanksgiving at home by ourselves, since most of the family members were sick. But it was a good day with lots of good food and games. 




We've had lots of cozy time by the fire. 

We drove to Cincinnati again to get our USCIS fingerprints for our adoption, and this time we were successful. We received our USCIS approval letter soon after, which we then had to notarize and state certify. Chris and I drove to Columbus to get the documents state certified, and when we got there, they turned us away because just that week, they started requiring appointments. Their website still said that walk-ins were welcome and documents would be certified while we wait, however, so I don't know how we were supposed to know. We spent 6 hours on the road again for nothing, but I guess we should expect it by now. When we finally got the certifications back, I overnighted them to our agency, only to have the package delayed in Columbus. I keep telling myself that all of the frustrating delays have a purpose somewhere! We are months behind where we should be by now, but God knows best. 


Here's a cute page that Quintin made in preschool:

I am SUCH a sunset person...can you tell?

Christmas cookies and cupcakes from Shoppe the Square!

It was extremely foggy yesterday, and school was cancelled. It made for beautiful scenery, though! Even the dead plants looked magical.










One last photo...this one just makes me happy. These two pictures ended up beside each other on the calendar page I made for January. The matching colors kinda take my breath away!

No comments:

Post a Comment