As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Vacation Memories.....

We're back from our cruise, and we had a wonderful time! Here are some photos from our trip:

Here I am standing on our balcony on the Sapphire Princess while we were still docked in L.A.:

Some photos of the ship: 




We left on Saturday, April 30, which was also our 11th anniversary! The crew helped us celebrate in style by providing us with these swan towels, balloons, a Happy Anniversary poster on our door, several anniversary cards from the captain and crew members, a special meal, and dessert with candles. They even sang to us!


Happy Anniversary, Christopher! I love you! Thanks for being such a wonderful husband and father!

We saw beautiful sunrises:
 


Puerto Vallarta, Mexico:



These sand sculptures were beautiful! This one is of the Last Supper:

I was amazed by the detail on this one:

Chris and me by the arches on the Malecon, Puerto Vallarta's beach and shopping district:



Chris with some new friends:


Me with some new friends. And yes, that is a lizard on my head. (And please excuse the cheesy smile!)

One of the most well-known symbols of Puerto Vallarta:

Back on the ship again:


Cabo San Lucas, Mexico:


These pictures were taken on our snorkeling trip. We had so much fun!




The Sapphire Princess:


All sorts of boats were docked in the harbor:


The city was beautiful:


It was so neat to watch the harbor seals and dolphins swimming around the boats:


I really wish we would have gone para-sailing:

I thought this was a statue until he turned and looked at me:

Fish ice sculpture:

We had amazing food all week. So good!

Some more photos of the two of us:


 We had an awesome time, and a wonderful anniversary! God knew exactly what we needed during our time of waiting, and He made everything work out perfectly. I'm pretty sure He gave this trip to us as a chance to refresh ourselves because He knew we would have some busy and difficult times ahead with our adoption. It really is amazing that God loves us so much. And while we were away, several more referrals went out. So now we are VERY close to the top of the waitlist!

While I didn't really want our vacation to end, it was so good to get back home and see our kiddos again! I missed them all so much!

Have a great day, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! It looks like a beautiful, amazing, relaxing time!!! Terrific pictures-- I felt transported there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to escape for some time of relaxation and refreshment... especially during this wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Looks AMAZING!!! So glad you were able to have a great time together to enjoy each other- very important :)

    ReplyDelete