As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

End-of-Summer Stuff.....

Here's a little bit about what has happened lately, what is going on now, and what we are looking forward to as we come to the end of summer (end of summer?!?! Where has the time gone?)

1. We enjoyed one last summer getaway this past weekend with Chris's family. All of the kids had so much fun playing with their cousins at the indoor waterpark, biking and playing putt-putt golf.




2. Today is the first day of school for Shana, Adrian and Ashton.
 Shana is in 5th grade.

 Adrian is a 3rd grader.

Ashton is in 1st grade.

3. Malia has Kindergarten Orientation tomorrow, and then she will officially begin school on Friday. I can't believe my baby girl is starting school already! Friday is also Adrian's birthday, and my sister Larisa and her family are coming to spend the weekend with us. Yay!

4. This Saturday, there will be a Hog Roast and Walk that will benefit Gary and Peggy Ifft's primary school in Ziway, Ethiopia. They work with Lifesong for Orphans, and Chris, Shana and I just visited this school when we were in Ethiopia. Chris and I will be serving food at the benefit, and we hope to see you there!
 Hog Roast, ET

No comments:

Post a Comment