Friday, November 25, 2011
Common Sights Around Our House.....
Lately, we have been seeing a lot of:
1. "Faras" (horse) rides. The twins love them, and ask to ride the "faras" every day.
2. Pink sunglasses. Jalen discovered these in the toy box, and has fallen in love with them.
3. Masked men.
4. Singing and dancing. Boy, do these guys have moves!!
5. Love/hate relationships with our "wusha" (dog). Jalen and Jordan love to look at Copper from a distance, but if he comes close, you would think someone is being brutally murdered somewhere. Today, however, Chris held Copper and showed Jalen that there is nothing to fear. Jalen even went so far as to pet him and get licked a few times! Now, Jalen has decided that he would rather kiss us doggy style, and waggles his tongue back and forth if we ask for a kiss. Eeewwww!! Silly boy!
6. Button-pushing and light-switching. Oh my word. These boys love to push as many buttons and flip as many switches as they can in a day. I don't know how many times that the dishwasher has been in the middle of a cycle and one of the twins will start punching buttons. Or how many times my washer has been in the middle of a load of laundry and they will turn it off. Or change the settings. I don't know how many times my dryer has been busily drying away and....you guessed it....all those little lit-up buttons will prove to be too tempting for little hands. And now, for some reason, my dryer's cooling setting is stuck on all the time, and the clothes don't get very dry without heat. Hmmmm........I guess I need to learn to set the child lock on my appliances every time I start them. Something I haven't had to do before. Oh, yes - and the ceiling fans. Don't even get me started........It seems that Jordan has a serious addiction to ceiling fans.........Here, I caught them in the act.....
7. Bunna (Ethiopian Coffee). Yumm!!!!
8. Outside play time. No matter how cold it is, Jalen and Jordan love to play outside (as long as the "wusha" isn't anywhere near!) with all the mekinas (cars, trucks, tricycles, bikes, motorized Jeep etc. Basically, anything with wheels). I wasn't sure how they would react to Ohio weather since they've never been exposed to these kinds of temperatures, but they don't seem to mind at all.
The boys seem to be attaching to us very well, and each day seems to get a little easier. They sleep good, eat almost anything, and are understanding more English every day. Chris has not gone to work since we brought the twins home a week ago, though, and the oldest 4 kids have been on Thanksgiving break for the past few days. Next week might prove to be interesting when Chris gets back into his regular routine, the kids go back to school, and it's just me, Jalen and Jordan left at home........ Jordan loves his ababa (daddy) so much, and usually is not happy if Chris is out of his sight for more than a few minutes. We might be using Facetime quite a bit during the coming days.....
Although this past week has been pretty crazy at our house, we love these little guys so much and are so thankful that God has blessed our lives with them. They are so much fun!!! We are enjoying sharing all the new experiences with them, and they are having a ball discovering "Amedica" and all that their new country has to offer.