As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bits and Pieces.....

Whoa. Things have been crazy, and I know it's been awhile since I've posted anything on here. So for those of you who have been sitting by the computer, anxiously waiting for something new on this blog (HA!), here is a little bit of what has been going on over in our corner of the world:

1. It doesn't take much to amuse these guys sometimes:

The other morning (before they were dressed!), the twins found these pom-poms. They thought it was absolutely hilarious that when they held them over the registers, the air blew the little streamers all over the place. Like I said, it's pretty easy to keep these guys entertained......

2. We've been through lots of sickness at our house in the last few days. I had it yesterday, and I don't ever remember being so sick in my life! I was confined to my bed all day, since every time I got up I felt like I was going to faint. So Ashton, who had been sick the night before but was feeling better yesterday, was the mom of the house for the day. He dressed the twins, watched them, made them lunch, and put them to bed for naps. He only forgot one minor detail; when we undressed the twins last night, it seems that they were both missing their underwear. Hmmm.......they didn't seem to mind the fact that they went without them all day! Thanks for all the help, Ashton!

3. Since we've had so much sickness, Chris bought some Sprite for the kids to drink when they started feeling a bit better. Well, it seems that the twins would do anything for their beloved Coka (pop). The other day when Jordan wanted some, I told him it was for the sick kids. He responded with, "I want to puke for Coka!" And this morning, both boys were feeling absolutely fine, until I asked them what they wanted for breakfast. Jalen immediately put his hand on his stomach and became desperately "ill." In a voice that sounded as if he was dying, he proclaimed, "I'm really sick. I need Coka for breakfast."

4. Our remodeling project is going well, but we will still probably be a bit torn up for a few weeks. I can't wait until this project is complete! I've been busy painting, staining, and varnishing, and trying to keep the house clean in spite of all the drywall dust, etc. The living room is finished except for the new carpet, but the laundry room still has a ways to go. I'm so excited about the new mudroom lockers, though! I'll post pictures of them when they're finished.

5. And last, here are a few random pictures:
 Brotherly love....

 All tangled up.....

 Sandwich kiss.....

 All of my boys.....

 Hmmm......I think they're planning more orneriness.....

 This guy likes cheesecake as much as I do.....

 Little Miss Mimi, all ready for school.....

Horsey rides.....

Well, that's all for now! Have a great day, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Love the picture of all four boys! So cute! And kudos to you for finding four coordinating shirts!

    Hope you are feeling better! I am going to remember that next time I get sick I'm going to fly Ashton over to watch my kids! My boys love going commando so they won't have any troubles with Ashton's style of parenting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of us really DO wait impatiently by your blog for the latest updates! (Thank goodness for texting and our 2 hour phone conversations or I would REALLY be going through withdrawal!) Love all the pics...I really miss your kidders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He he he......LOVE the pics!!! Can't decide which one is my favorite, but the 4 boys together- adorable! Oh and them on your back- LOVE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously love the look of the 2 little ones facing each other - ready to 'stir the pot'. Such a cute pic!

    ReplyDelete