As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Referral!!!! And Some Other Stuff......

I am so excited to announce that my sister and her husband received a referral yesterday! David and Larisa are now parents to another little boy - 2 1/2 year-old "S" from Ethiopia! He is such a cutie, and we can't wait to meet him! Please pray for "S" and his birth family as they go through this difficult transition, and for David, Larisa and Yikealo as they prepare their hearts and home to welcome a new son and brother! May God richly bless them as they become a family of 4!

How well I remember those overwhelming, excited, giddy emotions that come along with a referral. In fact, I experienced them all over again yesterday when Larisa called to tell me the news! I smiled like an idiot for the rest of the day, and couldn't bring myself to get anything else accomplished. I surprised the kids with the news when they got home from school, and even took pictures of them as they looked at their new little cousin's face for the first time! Yes, I know I'm pretty pathetic, but I hadn't felt quite like that since we got our own referral last June!




********************

We sat down to dinner last night (which Jordan proclaimed to be "Yummy, dude!") and Jalen decided that he wanted to say the prayer. It came out something like this: 

"Thank You for the food..........hospital..........happy birthday..........all better..........when Jesus comes..........Amen!"

********************

We've been enjoying the warmer weather we've been having. Spring is definitely on its way! The twins love to play outside, and yesterday when the temperature reached 68 degrees, they were convinced that it was warm enough to go "splash-splash" in the pool. Much to their dismay, I told them it wasn't quite warm enough yet.....

********************

Why is it that boys will make weapons out of almost anything? Jalen just made the "shoot" below, and is now planning to go outside and shoot some lions.......



********************

And finally, a parting shot of Woody and Buzz......


Have a great day, everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that you sister is "expecting" again :) TOTALLY EXCITED!!!

    Boys, oh boys......well enough said ;)

    And woody and buzz are SOO CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so precious!!! And I am so excited for your sister and her family! Another sweet little boy! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete