As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Monday, June 18, 2012

Our Weekend in Photos.....

We had a fun and busy weekend! It started off on Friday when I surprised the girls with an overnight getaway to Great Wolf Lodge for Malia's birthday. David, Larisa and Yikealo met us there, and the kids had a great time playing in the water together. It was David and Larisa's last little vacation as a family of 3 - they are leaving today for Ethiopia to bring their adorable new son home!!! We can't wait to meet him! Anyway, here are some photos from our weekend birthday getaway:



And here are the birthday buddies. Yikealo and Malia both turned 6 last week!






Yikealo picked this yellow flower for Malia, and then proceeded to dance with her!





When we got home on Saturday evening, Malia opened her birthday presents.

Then, we celebrated Father's Day a day early since Chris had to leave on a business trip yesterday.

I love this card that Malia made for him:
It says: "Happy Father's Day! You are the best! I love you Dad! Hmmmmm! Do I love you Dad? Yes I love you. To: Dad From: Malia    He loves to eat seafood! He loves me! I love you!" So cute!

Each of the kids filled out a paper for Chris, where they answered various questions about him. I had to laugh at some of the twins' answers:

My dad is 3 years old. (Jalen and Jordan)

He is 4 feet tall and weighs 4 pounds. (Jalen)

He is 1 feet tall and weighs 3 pounds. (Jordan)

He has brown hair and white eyes. (Jalen and Jordan)

He is smart because he knows how to eat. (Jalen)

He is the best in the family at going to stores. (Jalen)

My dad is special to me because he's white chocolate. (Jalen)

If I could give my daddy anything, it would be throwing candy at him. (Jordan)

Another exciting thing happened this weekend: Jordan and Jalen both learned how to ride their bikes without training wheels! At 3 1/2 years old, they have learned this skill quickly!



And that's a wrap! Hope you all enjoyed your weekend, too!!!

2 comments: