As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

One Year Ago.....

On this day, one year ago, we met our precious twins for the first time.









And what an amazing, emotional day it was. I remember that I was going on  3 days with almost no sleep (I cannot sleep on planes, even if I take sleep aids), the altitude took a little getting used to, we were totally immersed in a different culture, and we had to be careful not to get any water in our mouths when we brushed our teeth or showered. Just the fact that we were in Ethiopia seemed a little surreal. Add in the fact that we were meeting our 2 new sons and their birth mother, and the fact that we realized our paperwork was wrong and we had the twins mixed up, and you could safely say that it was the most incredible, emotional, and overwhelming day that I have ever lived through. It was absolutely amazing, though, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. To read my journal entry from that day, click here.

Jalen and Jordan - We loved our time in Ethiopia with you. We loved meeting and playing with you, and enjoyed watching your personalities come to life around us. We had an awesome week with you, and it was so incredibly hard to leave you again at the end of the week. We had no idea how long it would be before we got to see you again. But God is always faithful, and three months later, we boarded a plane to come get you for good. And now you've been home with us 8 1/2 months, and we cannot imagine our lives without you. You are such good boys, and are so much fun! We love you to pieces, and are so thankful that God brought us together. He certainly knew what He was doing, and even now it takes my breath away to see how perfectly you fit into our family. Jordan, you are just like your daddy, and Jalen, your personality is so much like mine. There is no doubt in my mind that when God was creating you in your mother's womb, He had us in mind. He knew that you would be with us someday, and we will always and forever be amazed and humbled at how perfect His plans are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment