As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Heart for Orphans.....

"...Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They are easier to ignore before you see their faces. It is easier to pretend they’re not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes.” - David Platt

The other day, I was thinking about Vitaly, the little boy from the Ukraine that we will be hosting this Christmas. Jalen walked up, his usual, happy self, and cheerfully asked, "What's wrong, Mommy? Why are you so sad?"

"Because Vitaly doesn't have a mommy or a daddy," I answered. Immediately, Jalen's little face fell, and he looked like the most dejected child in the world. He walked over to a chair, buried his face in the cushions, and began to cry. I picked him up and held him, cuddled close, and asked him what was wrong. 

"Vitaly no have a mommy and daddy," he sobbed. I told him that Vitaly was going to come live with us for awhile, and that we would try to find him a family. Jalen looked like he would never smile again, but soon he was up and playing. The first thing out of his mouth when the other kids got home from school was, "Guess what? Vitaly no have a mommy and daddy." And now, every day, the twins ask when Vitaly is coming and if he has a mommy and daddy yet. 

I am so thankful that my boys are no longer orphans. God chose us to be their family, and I am trusting that He has a perfect plan for little Vitaly, as well.  I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future. And I'm excited to be a part of God's plan for another precious child's life. 

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for Vitaly and for your family! I can't wait to hear how God's plan for Vitaly unfolds!!

    ReplyDelete