As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Monday, July 22, 2013

Ethiopia Has Broken Me Open Once Again.....

I met a little boy last week who melted my heart. A little orphan boy. A boy whose smile lit up the whole room. A boy with milk chocolate skin and big, loose curls. A gorgeous boy who hung out with us in the evenings even after he was supposed to be in bed. A boy who hugged me tight and kissed my neck. A boy who helped me cook several meals and who did everything I asked him to do. A boy who fed me ice cream off of his fork. A boy who played Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja on my iPhone. A boy who told me he loved me. A boy who walked bravely away even though he knew he would probably never see me again. A boy who I will never forget. A boy who deserves a second chance. Because isn't that what we all need? And my God is a God of second chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment