As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Just a Reminder...

...that our Mission: Metekle Spaghetti Dinner and Silent Auction is this Friday. Hope to see you there! All proceeds will help us build a second story onto Metekle Primary School in Mekele, Ethiopia. And trust me, we have TONS of really cool items on our auction. Thanks to everyone that donated for the cause!


Yesterday was Career Day at our elementary school. I was asked to come in and talk to the third and fourth grade students about my work in missions. I gave a presentation to each class and showed lots of pictures of our work in Ethiopia. And of course, I mentioned Metekle School. Afterward, one little boy came up to me and asked, "How much is it going to cost to build the school?" I told him, and he handed me a crumpled up dollar bill. "This isn't very much," he said, "but I would like to help out a little." It almost brought me to tears! This little boy wanted to help poor children halfway around the world get an education. I was so touched, and gave him a big hug. This might be the smallest yet most important donation toward our project. He totally blessed me yesterday, and I'm sure God was smiling down on him. :)

Those of you who normally read my blog know that I just got back from a trip to Ethiopia. You also know that I usually journal about my trips here on the blog. I have to admit that this trip was by far the hardest one I've ever been on...I saw so many really, really hard things and I will be haunted by them for awhile. I am still trying to process it all, but eventually when I get a bit more time I will try to post about my experiences...just so they will be chronicled for our family scrapbook if nothing else.

Thanks for stopping by today....have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment