As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Monday, October 27, 2014

Lately...

...life has been busy! I've been neglecting the old blog somewhat, so I thought I'd dump a few Autumn photos onto it for our family scrapbook.

We celebrated the twins' 6th birthday, and they were thrilled to receive the new Ethiopian soccer jerseys and hand-beaded Gambella bracelets that I picked up while on my trip:





When I got home from Ethiopia, my wonderful husband met me at the airport with chocolate and roses. The kids decorated the house with welcome-home banners, and Malia wrote me the following poem:

 Dear mommy, You've been with me all the moves I took, also you're a very good cook! You cheer me up on the bad days, nothing does it really pay! Thank you, thank you once and for all, you always stand for me straight and tall! You don't know how I feel about you, you're awesome and you can tie a shoe! When I was a baby you were there for me, nothing pays for what I see. I love you so so dearly! Thank you thank you! To mommy! Love, Malia 
I felt very missed and loved! :)

Go-karting:



The adults in my family got together to celebrate mom and dad's 40th anniversary:

A little bit of iPad fun:

We've had so many awesome sunrises and sunsets, and God threw in a few rainbows, too!



 We've enjoyed the beautiful fall weather:


Adrian finished football season this past weekend. Next weekend, basketball starts for Adrian, Ashton, and Malia.

Cuteness:

Jordan's drawing of cheetahs and a gazelle:

Malia was named Student of the Month:

We've enjoyed several bonfires and hayrides:













That's all for now! Happy Fall, Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment