As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Friday, October 10, 2014

Half a Dozen!!!

Today is a very important day at our house......we are celebrating 2 birthdays! Six years ago on this date, we went about our normal lives....I visited my new nephew in the hospital, Chris went to work, and in the evening we gathered with friends for a bonfire and a hayride. Little did we know that on the other side of the world, something momentous was happening. 2 little babies were born; one at home and hours later, the other at the hospital. We had no idea that someday these two precious boys would be our sons. But we are so thankful that God brought them to us, and are thankful that for the past 3 years, we have been able to celebrate their birthdays with them. This week they were given a precious gift when I was able to meet their entire birth family (mom, dad, sister, brother, uncle, and great-grandma) while in Ethiopia. One of my travel partners got some excellent photos of all of us together...what an amazing birthday present for my sons.


Happy, happy birthday Jalen Opiyew and Jordan Uchan! We love you forever and ever!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment