As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

My Trip to Ethiopia, Day 3

Monday, September 29, 2014

I woke up feeling refreshed at around 12:30 am. Obviously, my body was not used to Africa time yet. I couldn't get back to sleep, so I read a book on my iPad until about 4:30 or 5 when I fell asleep again. My alarm went off at 7 am, so I got ready for the day. There was no water, though.

We ate breakfast with a young man from New York, an older lady from New York, and a woman from Scotland. It was really neat to hear their stories. Afterward, we walked to Hannah's Hope, greeted the staff, and got to work planning and painting murals. Mathewos delivered Kaldi's coffee to us while we worked, and Wass helped us paint.

We painted murals in 2 rooms today...birch trees, giraffes, and birds in one room, and flowers in the other. We worked all day, and stopped only to eat some of my granola bars for lunch. We finished up late, went back to Ember to change, and then went with Wass to Yod Abyssinia for dinner.

My buddy, Tom:

Mathewos loved the tie Shana sent for him:

Me, Kerri, and Kiersten:




















Back at Ember, I took a shower (the water was breathtakingly cold, but it was finally back on!) and got ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment