As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

First Snow.....

Jalen and Jordan were on the couch staring intently out the window the other day when I heard, "Amama! Na!" (Mommy, come here!) They were very excited, so I went to see what all the fuss was about.


A few snowflakes were just starting to fall from the sky. The first snow of the year! The boys' first snow ever! They were amazed! Jordan kept repeating, "Si-no!" and Jalen kept calling it "No!"

Then, I ran out to the mailbox to get the mail. When I came back in, I showed the boys the snowflakes that had collected and showed up very nicely on my black shirt. Instead of oohing and ahhing over the intricate flakes, they scolded me and shook their heads because my shirt was all wet. As they brushed me off, they said, "Amama, aydelem! Aydelem, Amama!" (No, Mommy!) Oh well. I tried.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, they're just repeating what THEY hear 5000 times a day!! They probably think it's their right to scold you once in awhile! Love this...I so clearly remember Y's first snow too...and he loves it to this day. Winter is his favorite season.

    ReplyDelete