As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Friday, December 30, 2011

What If.....

.....we had said that we already had 4 kids, a perfect family of 2 boys and 2 girls, and weren't interested in any more children? What if we had said that adoption was way too expensive? What if we had said that we didn't want to go through all of the hassle of paperwork? What if we had said that we were too busy? What if we had said that adoption takes way too long? What if we had said that it was way too hard? What if we had said that we were too worried about what other people would think of us?

We did say all of these things. And more. But God continued to call us and lay adoption on our hearts. He told us that He had a perfect plan for us, and I am so glad that He did. We changed our minds and said yes, and it has truly been the most amazing experience we have ever had. We have been closer to Jesus than ever before. We have learned that His ways are perfect, and that if He calls you to do the impossible, He will make a way and walk through it with you. But the question still haunts me. What if we had said no?

What if we had missed out on this?

2 comments:

  1. I've thought this so many times as I think back on how hard I fought God when He first started showing us that adoption was in His plans for us: what if we'd said "No?" What if we'd missed out on the beauty of Yikealo in our lives?

    I know exactly what you mean....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you will never have to know the answer to that question. I thought the same thing when we met our daughter a couple of weeks ago. It was a scary thing for us to say yes to a waiting child with special needs and I already can't imagine my life without her.

    ReplyDelete