1. Laundry room. Unfortunately, I don't have any "before" pictures of our laundry room, but believe me when I say that it was a very cramped back entry from the garage. Anytime we came home from somewhere, there was a traffic jam as everyone took off coats and shoes, forcing others to wait their turn in the garage. Also, our washer and dryer were not situated along an outside wall, so the dryer vent went out into the garage, down into the basement, and made several turns before heading outside. Needless to say, my dryer kept breaking down because of the bad air-flow. So when our living room started having issues, we decided to tackle both projects at the same time since we would be living in a mess for awhile anyway.
What we did: tore out a closet, moved one wall out into the garage 3 feet, moved another wall out into the garage 1 1/2 feet, moved the washer and dryer to the other side of the room where the dryer could vent directly outside, tore out a counter, sink, and cabinets, and built lockers for all of the coats and shoes that had started taking over our old laundry room (8 people make for lots of coats and shoes!)
Finished product (Well, almost finished. We still have another countertop and sink to install):