Monday, April 9, 2012
1. We had a wonderful Easter weekend celebrating Christ's resurrection and thanking Him for all He has done for us! We hope you all enjoyed your Easter, too. Here are some pictures from our weekend:
Shana organized an Easter egg hunt for all of the cousins that came to our house for dinner last night:
Jalen shows off the treasures he found in an egg:
2. We also got to meet baby Heidi, who was born to my brother and sister-in-law last Sunday. She is so tiny!
My niece, Lexie, holds her new little cousin:
3. Here are some cute little treats that we made for Easter. I got the ideas from Pinterest:
4. On Saturday, I gave Jalen and Jordan the first haircuts they've had since they came home in November. Here they are sporting their new 'do's:
5. Ashton, Jalen and Jordan picked these flowers for me last week:
Aren't they beautiful?
6. Last week, we participated in a corn gleaning project with some of Adrian's Sunday School classmates and their families. The class learned that in the Old Testament, it was custom to leave some of the corn behind in the fields so that the widows and orphans could glean the leftovers for themselves. We picked two pick-up loads of corn that was left in the field from last fall, and Adrian's teacher will sell the grain. The money will go toward buying food for the poor in Guatemala. It was a fun project!
7. These two are having a ball playing outside in the warmer temperatures:
8. Jalen and Jordan got to meet their cousins, London and Gracie, today for the first time! London and Gracie are from Columbia, Maryland, and get to spend the next week or so at grandma's house. The kids had a wonderful time playing together this morning!
The twins with London, who is just one day older than they are:
Shana and Gracie:
Little Miss Mimi:
Have a great Monday, everyone!