As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Monday, June 10, 2013

Lately...

...life has been busy, Busy, BUSY!!! There is never a dull moment around here, that's for sure. Here are some of the happenings in our lives lately:

1. Chris and I attended the New Horizons for Children training in Ashland, Ohio a little over a week ago. We got to share about our experience hosting Vitaly, the little boy from Ukraine that lived with us for a month last winter:
 It was fun to meet a new set of host parents that will be bringing orphan children from Ukraine and Latvia into their homes this summer.

2. After our presentation at the training session, we took the kids to the Bible Walk Museum in Mansfield. It helped bring Bible stories to life for them:






3. I recently attended my first Wine and Canvas event in Fort Wayne with my friend, Crystal. Crystal leaves this week for Ukraine to meet her little boy for the first time! Yay!

And here is how my painting turned out:

4. Malia got her hair cut for summer. Here are some before, during, and after pictures:





5. Adrian and Ashton attended basketball camp, where Ashton was presented with a trophy:

6. Here are 2 of my favorite quotes from a recent evening walk:

Malia: "I am holding God's hand right now, even though I can't feel it."

Ashton: "The mosquitoes aren't bothering me right now. Probably because I smacked some of their relatives. They know not to mess with me."

7. I took a class at school called Parenting with Love and Logic. If it is ever offered near you, I would highly recommend attending! I learned lots of useful parenting tips and techniques.

8. We are busy getting ready for VBS (I am teaching preschool this year), our vacation with Chris's family, a little trip that we are planning for the kids since 4 of them won't be going with us to Ethiopia, and our trip to Africa. Whew! Lots to do. Right now I am working on our Ethiopian visa applications...need to get those sent out this week. Some of you have asked for the link to the donation form for our trip (please see my last post for details), so I thought I'd post it here for anyone interested in partnering with us:


A great big THANK YOU!!!! to those of you who have donated. The children of Addis Ababa and Gambella, Ethiopia will be blessed because of your contribution.

9. The other night, we attended a parade in our town, where the kids collected TONS of candy that was thrown to them. The twins understood it a bit better this year. Last year, they thought it was mean that people would actually throw things at you, until I explained it to them. Then, they thought it was the greatest thing in the world. For Father's Day last year, I asked them what they would give their daddy if they could choose anything in the world. Their answer? They would throw candy at him. :-)

10. Adrian hard at work in his office:
(He actually went to work with Chris on a Saturday lately). 

11. I recently found this note from Malia attached to the fridge (LOVE!!!) -

12. We've encountered some little people at our house lately:


13. We have LOTS of nests around our yard this year. And lately, the eggs have been hatching. The kids are having fun watching the baby birds grow and get fed by their mothers:

And that is all for now! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment