As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Could You Do A Favor For Me Today?

To those of you who remember V, whom we hosted over Christmas last year........could you please say a little prayer for him today? The summer hosting period starts right now. Lots of kiddos from Ukraine and Latvia are either at their host homes for the summer or are almost there. If you remember correctly, V assured us over and over last winter that he would come back to us this summer. Unbeknownst to him, however, he already has a family in the process of adopting him.....we are hoping that they get to leave soon to meet him. Also, it would have been impossible for us to host him again since we are leaving for Africa during the hosting period.

However, at least one other child from V's orphanage is being hosted this summer. So by this time, V knows that he has not been chosen to come to America even though he had his heart set on joining us again. I wonder what thoughts are running through his head......"Why didn't they ask me to come back? Didn't they love me enough? Did I do something wrong? Did they forget about me? Why wasn't I chosen this summer?"

I was mulling this over this morning during my morning devotions. And then I opened the Bible, and my eyes fell directly on Proverbs 18:24 - "There is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." Which just happens to be the cardboard promise that we picked out for V last January, before he left for his orphanage in Ukraine.

And I knew that God was telling me not to worry. Even though I can't be with V right now and explain to him what is going on, Jesus will be there beside him. To comfort him. To be there when no one else is. To be that close friend that V needs right now, and to help him through the tough times. And He has something much better in store for V than a summer hosting program. I really wish I could see V's face when he finds out that he has a family....... It was a good reminder for me this morning just to trust. God has our best interests in mind, and even when we're walking through a dark and difficult time, the sun will shine brighter on the other side.

And to all of you families out there who are opening your homes to orphan children this summer through the New Horizons For Children Hosting Program, have a wonderful time! I am so excited for you to be making life-long and life-changing memories with these precious kiddos. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment