As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Just A Thought For The Day.....

I ran track when I was in Jr. High, but that was certainly a long time ago. I haven't done much running since, unless you count chasing kids around the house. Recently, however, I started the Couch to 5K running program. This morning, during the middle of my run (as I was plodding and panting down the road), I noticed how much easier it seemed if I kept looking straight ahead....to the goal. And I was reminded that life is a lot like that. Sure, there are distractions behind me, off to the sides, and down on the ground. But looking at them makes the run harder. It always works best if I stare straight ahead with my eyes focused on the goal, on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith. And one day I hope to get to the end and be able to say.....

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith..." 2 Timothy 4:7

Anyway, that's all for now. There has been some heavy emotional stuff going on over our way lately - lots of hard things happening - and I'm ready for a break. More on my fun little getaway later.....

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment