As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Yum!!!!!

Today I was over at my mom's, and she gave me this awesome recipe for fresh salsa. It was so good, I ran right out to buy the ingredients I needed, and I just finished throwing together a double batch of the stuff. It is a great end-of-summer recipe, especially for those of you who have an abundance of tomatoes in your garden.


Fresh Tomato Salsa
4 medium-sized fresh tomatoes, diced
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 jalapeƱo pepper (stems and seeds removed), finely diced
1 Serrano chili pepper (stems and seeds removed), finely diced
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2 cloves garlic, pressed
salt and pepper to taste

1. Prepare the chilies. Avoid touching them if possible (I wore gloves). Wash hands thoroughly after handling the peppers, and avoid touching your eyes for at least an hour afterward. Set aside some of the seeds from the peppers. If the salsa isn't spicy enough, you can add a few back in for heat.

2.Combine all of the above ingredients in a bowl. Taste. If the chilies make the salsa too hot, add some more chopped tomatoes. If not hot enough, add a few more chili seeds.

Let sit for an hour to let the flavors combine.

Makes about 3-4 cups.

Serve with chips, tortillas, quesadillas, burritos, or over grilled chicken breasts.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmmmm mmmmmm! LOOKS DELICIOUS! Thanks for sharing the recipe! :) I like even "snifffffed" a little when I saw this... ha! Like it was "SMELLLABLOG" :) ha ha! *I wish* :) ...Now, I'm just gonna have to make it! :)

    ♥ Darcee

    ReplyDelete