As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Tom

Do you remember my posts about Tom, our Ethiopian friend who needed life-saving surgery this spring? It was our humbling and amazing privilege to be able to spend time with him in Ethiopia again last week, and I am happy to say that he is feeling much better and is back to work. A huge thank you to everyone who donated to his surgery fund. He is so grateful, and so are we.

 When we walked into the gates of Hannah's hope last week, Tom met us with huge hugs. He told us, "I love you. You are my family." He does not know much English, but he and Ashton became fast friends almost immediately. Tom is such a gentle soul, and before we left, Ashton told him that he is his best friend in the whole world.




Saying goodbye. There were lots of tears all around.


 It was great to see you, Tom! Until next time...

1 comment: