As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

An African Journey.....


This morning, I took Jalen and Jordan to the zoo. They loved it, and it was interesting to see their reactions to the different animals. They definitely seemed to recognize hyenas, which are common in Ethiopia. They also seemed frightened of the lions, even though I told them that they were fenced in and could not get to us. The twins have told us before that they remember seeing lions in Gambela, the region of Ethiopia that the boys came from.


Then, we passed this little building and they excitedly said, "That's like A-----'s (their birth mom's) house!" So of course I had to take their photo in front of it!

The twins' favorite animals were the zebra.....

.....and the giraffe.

We saw many other interesting animals, too, and went on a boat ride. 







And I'll leave you with a thought-provoking quote that we saw on a sign at the zoo:

 Have a great day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment