As for me, I know of nothing else but miracles. - Walt Whitman

Friday, January 19, 2024

Our Trip to Ethiopia, Day 4

 Sunday, January 7, 2024

Melkam Gena! Today is Christmas in Ethiopia! We had breakfast and a coffee ceremony at the guest house this morning, then took a group photo before heading to church at the International Evangelical Church. Tarikua and Hiwet met us and sat with us. Daniel and Shana flew in this morning, and met us at church when the service was over. We went back to the guest house for lunch, played games, and then went on a walk. A boy on the street repeatedly tried to steal my watch. I finally yelled “Aydelem!” at him. I thought I was saying, “No!” but the girls told me that I was actually saying, “It is not!” 😂 Back at the guest house, Malia got her hair braided. We went to Wass and Mimi’s house for dinner, where they served us traditional food for Christmas. It was so good to see them again, and to meet their beautiful baby girl who was born last April! 











Fray’s baby is absolutely adorable, and fell in love with me for some reason. She didn’t want to go to anyone else! 























No comments:

Post a Comment